Who Am I?
Growing up as a Puerto Rican female in Brooklyn and Queens, NY, I knew two things - one, I loved interacting with children and two, I wanted to help people. With those intentions, I set out on an academic and career path to bring those two together. My journey to get to where I am today entailed a variety of experiences for which I am truly proud. They include :
- Starting my work experience at the age of 15
- Graduating with my Master's degree from Social Work school in 2006
- Working with older adults who were victims of Elder abuse
- Working with adult children caring for parents with Alzheimer's disease
- Working with individuals diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Opening my Private practice in 2010 to work with adults
- And in 2018, expanding my private practice to include using Play therapy techniques to work with children, ages 3-8 and to also provide family therapy for their parent(s)/guardian(s).